Green Day-Punk Rock
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Green Day-Punk Rock

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -40%
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + ...
Voir le deal
29.99 €

Review des Pinhead Gunpowder

AuteurMessage
pep
Administrateur
Administrateur
pep

Masculin Nombre de messages : 7183

Review des Pinhead Gunpowder Empty
MessageSujet: Review des Pinhead Gunpowder   Review des Pinhead Gunpowder EmptySam 27 Sep - 23:26

Review des Pinhead Gunpowder Pinhead-gunpowder1

Pour celles et ceux qui ne se sont pas encore procurés le dernier EP des Pinhead Gunpowder, voici un avis provenant d'un blog "webzine" anglophone.
www.sinkorswim.wordpress.com

Five years after the release of Compulsive Disclosure, a criminally short collection of songs from a few previously released 7″ EPs, Aaron Cometbus and company finally return to grace the world with three or four new songs, depending on the format you purchased. Being the completist nerd that I am, I purchased both the vinyl and download format.

Let me predicate this review with the fact I love everything about this band. I love that their songs rule. I love that they’re friends playing music for the love of music. I love that they easily could have a larger label release something for them, yet only release music on their friends labels.

The brilliance in Pinhead Gunpowder has always been in their ability to write some of the best East Bay punk this side of late 80’s. That stands to reason for the, well, obvious reasons. Musically, the songs are more akin to their post Mike Kirsch recorded output (Goodbye Ellston Ave, Shoot the Moon, and various EPs) which is fine by me; those records were always my favorite. I’ve always thought that the songs were stunning poppy and catchy works of art, yet what’s separated them from the rest of the pack is their lyrics. Aaron’s lyrics are always consistently good no matter what band he may be in. As much as I like Billie’s other band (what’s their name again), his lyrics in Pinhead Gunpowder always strike a bigger chord with me. More sentimental for some odd reason.

All in all, this 7″ leaves me feeling the same way all their other 7″s do: Appreciating and loving the new songs, but hungry for even more.
Recess Records
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Review des Pinhead Gunpowder
Page 1 sur 1